Our migration to Google Apps for Education at IU13 is occurring in phases. The first phase was some initial testing in Tech Services. The second phase was to begin rolling out the migration and setup process with all the other departments in IU13. In this second phase, all IU13 employees were to disassociate their personal Google accounts from the iu13.org email address as was outlined in this blog post (IU13 is moving to Google Apps for Education (Part 1)).
The next step for all IU13 members is to activate their new IU13 Google account. In order to activate your new account, you will need to first reset your password. Your IU13 Google account is now linked to the active directory which means you will use your current IU13 username and password to log in to Google Apps for Education. However, until you reset your password, your new Google Apps account will not be synced with your IU13 credentials. Please do the following as soon as possible:
- Reset your IU13 password. (This is a vital step to syncing your IU13 account to your new Google Apps account.)
- After you have successfully reset your IU13 password, go to https://www.google.com/ and click on sign in the upper right hand corner.
- If your browser recognizes that you already have a Google Account, click on Add Account.
- Enter your entire IU13 email address as your username.
- Enter your new IU13 password.
- You may be prompted to update account information when you sign in for the first time.
Congratulations, you have successfully activated your new IU13 Google Apps account! You may ask how will you move the documents and files you have from your personal Google account to your new IU13 Google Apps account? We recommend that you start sharing important files from your personal account to your new account. Make sure that you allow yourself editing privileges when you share. If you have too much to share, consider creating one folder in your personal Google Account, move (drag) all your files to that folder, and then share just the folder to your new IU13 account. Take a look at this quick video to learn how to share items from account to account: