It's hard to believe that this 2015-2016 school year is quickly coming to an end. I have been so excited for Spring to arrive! May brings nourishment, refreshment, new growth, and a lot of greens, pinks, and yellows as a sign of warmer weather to come! This week also brings with it a great celebration and attitude of thankfulness known as Teacher Appreciation Week!
A special thank you to all educators for the daily dedication, countless hours of lesson planning, continuous remediations and accelerations, tireless duties, and endless meetings, observations, and walk-throughs! Thank you for caring for our children day in and day out. Thank you for being a positive role model! Thank you for working day and night in order to motivate, encourage, engage, and facilitate learning every single day for our children! Even though you may feel like you are not making a difference, you really are! You may never find out how influential you are for students today, but that one smile, handshake, high 5, kind word, or moment of expressing concern can follow the child the rest of his/her life. Think about it! When you look back at your former years in school, what do you remember? I remember the teachers who pushed me, stood up for me, encouraged me, and challenged me more than any content I ever learned! Teachers make more of a difference on a daily basis in student's lives than we can ever realize. #youmatter
As you are planning and preparing for the remainder of this school year, check out our upcoming IMS May and June events:
- ETC/STC 16 Planning Committees - May 13
- First planning meetings of the 2016-2017 school year
- Tech Media Integrators Mtg (EOY Celebration) - May 17
- Final mtg of the year
- IMS Focus Group - May 17 (1-3 pm)
- First planning meeting in order to explore IMS options for the next 3 year cycle starting 2017-2018 school year
- Code.org Teacher Workshop (full) - May 24
- Prek-8 coding resources for teachers
- Turnitin Workshop - May 25
- Do you use Turnitin? If so, come get some free PD to learn how to use Turnitin to its full potential! In addition, if you want to explore what Turnitin has to offer, even though you may not yet be using this tool, this workshop is ALSO for you!
- Code.org Teacher Workshop Repeat - June 29 (MLP Registration)
- Repeat Prek-8 coding resources for teachers repeat session
- Starlab Workshop - June 30
- What is the Starlab and how can I use it in MY classroom? Come learn how to set up, run, and take down the Starlab Portable Planetarium. All users who reserve the Starlab must attend one of our Starlab workshops.