Qualities and Qualifications
Dover Area School District is seeking a highly effective leader to serve as the next Superintendent. The ideal candidate will be an outstanding collaborator and communicator, engaging with all stakeholders, focused on improving academic performance and enhancing co/extra-curricular programs.
The successful candidate must:
- Be a visionary and student-centered educational leader.
- Possess outstanding interpersonal communicative skills.
- Promote a positive and collaborative work environment.
- Make student success the highest priority.
- Relate to people from varying backgrounds.
- Interact with various stakeholder groups on a regular basis.
> Click here to apply.
About Dover Area SD
Learn more about our schools:
- Dover Area High School
- Dover Area Middle School
- Dover Elementary School
- Leib Elementary School
- North Salem Elementary School
- Weigelstown Elementary School
- Dover Cyber Academy
Connect with Dover Area SD
Learn about the Dover Area SD community through these local organization and resource websites:
- Dover Borough
- Dover Township
- Washington Township
- Northern York County Regional Police Department
- Dover Township Fire Department
- Union Fire and Hose Company
- Dover Area Community Library
- Dover Township Parks and Recreation
- York County
- York County Tourism Foundation
Timeline & Process
The successful candidate is anticipated to be selected in fall 2020 with a start date to be mutually determined between the candidate and Dover Area School District.
- An understanding of school administration and the duties of a superintendent.
- Eligibility to hold a valid Superintendent's certificate as issued by the Department of Education, Commonwealth of Pennsylvania, or ten (10) years of prior related school district experience, preferred
- Such alternatives to the above qualification as the Board may find acceptable and reasonable.
- Experience in programs associated with high levels of diversity in the student body a plus.
Applications will only be accepted electronically and must include:
- Completed application.
- Cover letter, outlining qualifications, experiences and reason for interest
- 2-3 letters of recommendation
- Current resume
- Complete transcripts and current valid professional certifications (Unofficial transcripts are sufficient during application process, but official transcripts will be required prior to 2nd Round Interviews.)
Application Deadline: 10/23/20 EOE.
Please submit application materials to: Mr. Flip Steinour, Director of Human Resources, Lancaster-Lebanon IU13, 1020 New Holland Avenue, Lancaster, PA 17601 (email@example.com).