High School Campus Principal Qualities and Qualifications
The School District of Lancaster is seeking a highly effective leader to serve as High School Principal for the J. P. McCaskey Campus. The ideal candidate will be an outstanding collaborator and communicator, engaging with all stakeholders, focused on improving academic performance and enhancing co/extra-curricular programs.
The successful J. P. McCaskey High School Campus Principal will:
- Demonstrate expertise in instructional leadership.
- Possess outstanding leadership and communication skills and serve as a mentor, model and coach to campus administration and staff.
- Model the norms and cultural expectations of the District, with a high level of honesty and integrity.
- Work collaboratively with Campus Staff and District leaders to ensure a focus on academic achievement and social emotional learning.
- Foster and expand relationships with all stakeholders (teachers, parents, students, businesses, higher education, etc.) working to maintain and develop partnerships for the benefit of the campus community.
- Maintain a high level of visibility, representing and supporting students at a variety of events occurring during and after regular school hours, on and off site.
- Work to coordinate all aspects of campus life and ensure equity across the campus in all departments and small learning communities.
- Demonstrated excellence in coaching and mentoring for excellence in classroom instruction.
- Demonstrated experience in building a successful leadership team.
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of scheduling and budgeting process.
- Possess superior problem-solving and communication skills.
> Click here to download an application.
- Job Description
- Timeline and Process Information
Download the High School Campus Principal Profile to learn more about the:
- Position Application
- School District of Lancaster
- J.P. McCaskey High School Campus
- SDoL Fast Facts
- Our Administrative Team
- Our Board of Directors
- School Performance
- Audit Report (June 2017)
Learn more about our schools:
Timeline & Process
The successful candidate is anticipated to selected in April 2018, with a start date to be mutually determined between candidate and the School District of Lancaster.
- Must possess current administrative certification and be eligible for Pennsylvania Principal Certification.
- Master’s degree required, Doctorate preferred.
- Verified successful administrative experience leading a high school.
- Knowledge of applicable school law.
- Successful applicants must pass extensive background checks as required by state and federal law.
- Completed application (For fillable PDF version, open with Safari or Google Chrome)
- Cover letter, outlining qualifications, experiences and reason for interest
- Current résumé
- Complete transcripts and current valid professional certifications
Application Deadline: January 26, 2018. EOE.
Please submit application materials to: Mr. Flip Steinour, Director of Human Resources for IU13, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The School District of Lancaster has engaged the Lancaster-Lebanon Intermediate Unit 13 as a search consultant for the position.