Lancaster County Career and Technology Center is seeking highly qualified candidates
to serve as Administrative Director of Career and Technical Education.
Lancaster County Career and Technology Center (CTC) is one of the largest technical schools operating in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania. The school features state-of-the-art training technology and first class training facilities. Our system is unique as a county-wide system because we operate from five separate campus locations under one administration with each campus offering specialty centers. All programs are approved by the PA Department of Education (PDE) and reflect the employment needs of the Greater Lancaster County Region. In addition, the Lancaster County CTC is accredited by the Commission of the Council on Occupational Education (COE). Lancaster County CTC offers specialized associate degrees.
At Lancaster County CTC, the focus is on education and support for our students. We work hard to keep our institution recognized as a valued community resource directed at all facets of career and workforce development. We provide a variety of educational opportunities and avenues open to secondary students and adults. We encourage participation in student organizations and offer educational and career counseling, placement and financial assistance. One area the school is particularly proud of is the creation of the Lancaster County Career and Technology Foundation. To date, the Foundation has generated over three million dollars in funds to support a variety of needs, programs and scholarships.
All programs at the Lancaster County CTC are structured and designed from the advice of business and industry advisory committees. Occupational Advisory Committees (OAC) identify the knowledge and skill levels necessary to be successful on the job. Our faculty uses this information to continually update the curriculum, equipment and software to enhance the employability and upward mobility of our graduates. Through our industry-driven curricula, students are challenged to reach their full potential and to be prepared for new and changing technologies. Lancaster County CTC faculty members are well qualified in their respective fields and are dedicated to quality instruction. The faculty and staff are committed to education as a lifelong learning process.
> Click here to download an application.
About the Position:
The Administrative Director of Career and Technical Education for the Lancaster County Career and Technology Center is to provide innovative leadership in career and technical education to make the fourth largest CTC system in Pennsylvania best in class. He or she will strive to meet the highest quality in career and technical opportunities while providing a cost-effective program. The position has the overall responsibility for the total program and general supervision of all administrative, supervisory, instructional, and support personnel. The Administrative Director will be a visible champion for Career and Technical education in the community, develop partnerships and relationships with the business community, will seek ways to promote educational and career opportunities for secondary and post-secondary students, and will work closely with the 16 sending school districts to provide a strong programs. The Administrative Director of Vocational Education is responsible for planning, organizing, and directing the educational and administrative functions of the secondary and post-secondary programs to fulfill the school’s mission, vision, and beliefs.
Prepare people for skilled, innovative and productive careers.
The Lancaster County Career & Technology Center is a full service career and technical school dedicated to preparing high school students and adults for careers in the new economy. LCCTC is best among its class and strives to meet the highest standards of quality instruction.
Our Core Beliefs:
- We believe all students will meet high standards, occupational competence and reach their full potential.
- We believe all students will thrive in a setting that simulates the world of work and provides hands-on learning.
- We believe that the vitality of our economic community depends upon the success of building partnerships with area industries, businesses and organizations.
- We believe in operating in an ethical way with the best interests of the students in mind at all times.
The Lancaster County Career & Technology Center is accredited by the Commission of the Council on Occupational Education.
- Animal Production Science & Technology
- Architectural CAD-Design
- Automotive Technology
- Automotive Technology Specialized Associates Degree
- Baking and Pastry Arts
- Cabinet Making & Wood Technology
- Collision Repair
- Commercial Art
- Commercial Construction Management
- Computer Systems Technology
- Culinary Arts/Chef
- Dental Assistant
- Diesel Equipment Technology
- Digital Design/Print Media
- Early Childhood Education
- Electrical Construction Technology
- Electro-Mechanical Engineering Technology
- Event Planning & Tourism Services Mgmt.
- Highway Construction/Heavy Equipment Operation & Maintenance
- Medical Administrative Assistant
- Medical Assistant
- Medical Assistant Specialized Associates Degree
- Painting, Ceramic Tile & Vinyl
- Photography & Digital Imaging
- Practical Nursing
- Residential Carpentry
- RV & Outdoor Power Equipment
- Sheet Metal Technology
- Veterinary Assistant
- Veterinary Assistant Specialized Associates Degree
- Welding Technology